7.23.2009

7.10.09- Day 53



I decided very early on in the trip what I wanted for a souvenir: a Chinese masseuse!!! Meg's took us to her favorite place to get massages. We enjoyed some much needed pampering (after a couple very long traveling days) for about 28 yuan=about $4 for an hour long massage!!!! I'm sure Alan would want me to let everyone know that he did not get a massage (preserved his manhood- haha). The rest of the day was spend trying some of Meg's favorite restaurants, meeting her friend Lisa, going to some of the places she likes to shop, trying MZT (a popular tea stand), and of course playing hand and foot. We also got a tutoring lesson from one of the girls that tutors ELIC students. This is a big part of Megan's life during language school. We learned how to properly say the names of the towns we were visiting: Changchun (chang-chwin), Beijing (Bay-jing), Yangshou (yang-showa), Shanghai (shaung-high), and Suzhou (su-jo). We learned to count to 99 (actually just 1-10, but is it a base10 system). We learned how to say me, us, you, yall, him/her, and them. We also learned hello, goodbye, sorry, and probably some other things I have forgotten. It was so interesting to see what daily life looks like for Megs. It was similar and different than I thought it would be in so many ways. I will expound more later when I'm not quite so jet lagged.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

i think that's about what a thai massage costs. ahhh. can't wait to hear more!