9.02.2009

9.02.09- Day 107

Book club meeting tonight! We decided on books to read for the next few months. This will be our first book. I am currently reading "Wild Swans," so I will have to finish it quickly so I can have time to read this Jodi Picoult book before the end of September. I'm excited to have motivation to read because I love it. I just don't have as much motivation when I'm busy. Plus, I will get to hang out with some cool folks at Book Club meetings. By the way... if you live in the Denver area and want to join, you totally can. We're just starting!

Also today... busy day in the school and with paperwork. Oh, I also got my Colorado Teaching Liscense application sent back to me in the mail today. I didn't send them my undergraduate transcripts (I thought for some reason that my Physical Therapy program transcripts would be good enough! Do I need to send them my high school diploma too?!)

On a more serious note, my heart is breaking today for a family, the Whitsons, that used to go to my church. (They left about a year ago when the husband got a head pastor position at a different church). They just gave birth to a child with anencephaly. She passed away a few minutes before birth. They are so strong, but have so much sorrow over the loss of their child. I have wept for them. Another blog I follow... Jody Landers' blog, also reminds me of the pain of being a parent to a child who is not whole (Quincy was born with his bladder outside of his body and some other internal deformities- he 4ish now and doing much better, but has lasting problems). It just breaks my heart to see the pain that they go through. It reminds me of the millions of mothers and fathers around the world who grieve for the losses of their children. For the parents who find so much joy in their children that they are forever changed. It scares me to take on the task of parenting someday. To become so vulnerable. To risk so much, but to have the greatest joy and love one can experience this side of heaven. So much trust in His infinite wisdom and love.

No comments: