9.24.2009

9.24.09- Day 128

Serious...
Najibullah Zazi is a man from Aurora (living just a few minutes away from my house) who has been accused of making bombs to use in terrorist acts. It's been all over the news here. Don't know for sure if it's true, but it sounds like there was a lot of evidence.
Not so serious, but slightly related...
So, last night I was sitting, using the computer, about to go to bed. Suddenly my electricity goes out completely, but my all of my neighbors' electricity is still on. I decided that that it was the end. Some one had sliced my electrical wires. haha. I promptly chained my doors and then called my friend Becca who lives a few streets over. As I was telling her what had happened her electricity turned off. Then about 5 minutes later, my neighbors' electricity went out too. Weird, right? At least I felt better since I wasn't the only one without electricity. So, although my adrenaline had hit the ceiling, I had to go to bed so that I could get some sleep. I wasn't really scared for my own safety, but my mind started wandering. It eventually decided that the electricity going out must have been part of a terrorist plot (this is most likely due to all the talk about Zazzi) carried out all over the US. I decided that Alan, some of our friends, and I should gather up all of our food and head to Greeley so that we could eat the Hunts cattle over the winter. I didn't think we could make it to Louisiana, which was my other plan (because it is warmer there and there would be more food to eat). I thought through what I would take with me (because there would be looters of course!). It actually wasn't that hard to decide. Some books (because no electricity!), all of our food, our pictures (because we would probably never make it back to Arkansas again), our clothes, and tools. haha. I was happy that I wasn't going to have to go to work in the morning, since there was no electricity! I finally drifted off to sleep (I woke up around 2 when our electricity came back on).
Apparently I just love exposing how crazy I am on this thing! haha.
disclaimer: while thinking all of these things up, i didn't actually think they were true (mostly) :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

you're so funny. last night, when i was filling out my class survey on you... i realized how much i like you! you're above par, for sure :)

Crystal said...

haha, Susan this made me laugh so much! Those late night ponderings can seem a little nonsensical in the morning...but actually they were all really good ideas if anything awful ever DOES happen!