1.09.2010

01.08.10- Day 8

Three thoughts:

1. I know it might be a little soon, but I've already started the countdown to summer break. Yes, I did say that I like my job, but I didn't say that I like it more than summer break :). So, I officially have 95 weekdays until May 21st, aka the last day of work for the school year. Ahhh, I'm ridiculous, I know.

2. I like friends and lazy Friday evenings.

3. I found an awesome glider chair for one of my kiddos at ARC today on my way home from work. I'm starting to be able to envision what equipment I want for my kids, even when it's not in the catalog. I still have a LONG way to go, but I'm also becoming more handy. I fixed the brakes on one of my kiddo's wheelchairs, I've adjusted equipment, put things together to make equipment, etc- all without any training. (oh wait... maybe that's a little scary). I am learning though, and creativity/ingenuity/elbow grease is an essential in this job.

Imagine this chair in child size form with blue cushions! (because actual chair is crammed in one of the seats of my car like the rest of the equipment I haul around everyday!)

No comments: