1.10.2010

01.10.10- Day 10

While sleeping peacefully this morning, I was awakened around 4:45 a.m. to the sound of what I thought was my neighbor trying to start his car. After about 5-10 minutes of listening to this, I finally decided it must be something else going on. I looked outside my bedroom window to see two huge spotlights, a bulldozer, and some guys jackhammering across the street. After a bit of moaning and groaning, I threw Alan's pillow over my head and tried to go back to sleep. I think the jackhammering must have stopped in the next hour because I was mostly asleep when Alan got home. He tried the water and sure enough it wasn't working. About the time I decided I better call Nicole to request the use of her shower before church, the water started working again. So, I'm not sure which I would have preferred: peaceful sleep with no water or quickly repaired water lines with the lullaby of jackhammers.Went to church. I was very happy to be back after about a 3 week hiatus due to holiday travel. And... we have a new couple joining our small group this week!

Most of the rest of the day was spent relaxing and planning for the upcoming week. Oh, and I also started the Raw Shark Texts for book club this month... I will give a review once I finish it.

No comments: