1.11.2011

Day 11- Tired

Oh man, I forgot how physical my job is! Every bone in my body is aching. At one point today I was carrying my walmart recycle bag full of toys, my laptop bag, my work bag (where I keep all my students files), my breast pump, and my purse! I also did all my exercises with my kids (bridges, squats, getting up and down from the floor), sat on the floor in the hallway to write notes, and lifted some heavy children. I really do enjoy it all- I'm so glad I don't have a total desk job (I don't mind a little office work thrown in there). I just need to get back into PT shape! I guess this will help me get back into my pre-preggo form, since I don't have a ton of time to exercise!
I didn't move from the couch all evening after Caleb went to sleep (which turned out to be at 7:15- he's going to sleep earlier and earlier every day). I'm going to try to muster up the energy to get things ready for tomorrow, something I haven't fully been able to accomplish yet (in my 4 total days of work so far this year).
Have a good evening!
PS- love biggest loser!

PSS-Question for all you moms out there- What do you do if your kid stops taking a bottle or only takes it irregularly? My mom-in-law has been having trouble getting Caleb to take a bottle lately and Caleb is off and on for Alan. Any suggestions? He used to be better about it. I'm stumped. We've tried a few different types of bottles.

2 comments:

Krista said...

No advice whatsoever for the bottle thing. Nora refuses to take one now. She is interested in a sippy cup though and the Tommee Tippee brand has some that are for 4 months and up. He might like that. I took care of a baby that was breastfed, but took bottles during the day and he always had a rough time. I thought he would get the hang of it, but it took him forever to drink a bottle even though he was doing it every single day. They can be so weird about it sometimes. Sounds like you are super busy. Are you planning on still working once you guys move?

sarah beth hawk said...

Liam takes two bottles from Ryan while I am at work, and he hasn't refused but he certainly takes his time. Ryan says it usually takes him close to 45 to eat 6 ounces. But, when he nurses he never eats for more than 25 minutes total. Weird little buggers. Let me know if you find something that works. We use Dr. Brown's bottles by the way.