1.03.2011

Day 3- The last day of maternity leave

Don't have a lot of energy to write a long blog tonight, but wanted to commemorate the last day of my maternity leave. Although Caleb was an unusually long sleeper and content baby in November and most of December, he's decided to turn over a new leaf for fussiness and night wakings. I'm pretty sure it might be related to 3 weeks of out of rhythm-ness for both mom and baby over the holidays. I'm so thankful for all the family we saw and friends who visited, but the poor guy just couldn't handle 3 weeks straight!
Hopefully my going back to work does not exacerbate the problem. He's actually not too fussy during the day, it just gets worse and worse starting about 5 or 6. He was actually too tired to eat after I got home from leaving small group early. He cried and then fell fast asleep without hardly taking a drink (and he hasn't really eaten in about 4 or 5 hours). I hope he's not getting sick! I think I might try to rouse him for a few minutes to eat around 10 before I go to bed. Anyway... mixed feelings about returning to work. I know I'm going to miss the little guy so much, even if he's been a little off lately. But, you better believe I'm going to take advantage of having both arms free, unlimited time in the bathroom, and uninterrupted lunch! Well, see how it goes...

No comments: