1.02.2011

Day 2- Revised resolutions

So, after looking at some reflective questions and hearing a sermon about the new year, I've decided to revise my resolutions a bit. I think I still want to do my earlier resolutions, but these are slightly less concrete, but more meaningful:
1) I resolve to LISTEN this year. I'm tired of hearing my own voice. I want to hear God, my husband, friends, family, and acquaintances. I want to hear what others have to say.
2) I resolve to be GENEROUS. With my time, giftings, energy, and belongings, even to personal cost when I hear God's call. This especially includes generosity towards my husband and son.
3) I resolve to TAKE CARE of myself spiritually, emotionally, and physically by practicing accountability, meditation, eating whole foods, and exercising. (and in keeping with this goal I resolve to help my husband and son be healthy in these areas.)
4) I resolve to LEARN this year. I want to educate myself through reading BBC News, reading books, traveling, listening to NPR, and researching PT topics.
5) I resolve to let go and focus on the GOSPEL this year. I resolve to let go of guilt and strife through thankfulness, confession, and meditation on Christ's sacrifice for me.

No comments: