1.19.2011

Day 19- Waffles and baby love

So, I don't really know what to blog about today. I don't feel like talking about my rude neighbors, how tired I am, the snow, Biggest Loser, work, or what I did today. So, here's a super healthy/yummy recipe I made yesterday for whole grain waffles:

Ingredients (makes about 6 large waffles):
2 eggs, beaten
1 3/4 cups skim milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup flax seed meal
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Beat in whole wheat pastry flour, flax seed meal, wheat germ, all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt until batter is smooth.
2. Preheat a waffle iron, and coat with cooking spray. Pour batter into waffle iron in batches, and cook until crisp and golden brown.

Add smoothies or fresh fruit on the side and it's the perfect breakfast (or dinner- hehe)

PS- I LOVE Caleb so much. That little guy seriously grows on me daily. I'm not sure my heart is big enough for how much I'll love him a month or year from now. I don't even want to think about 18 years from now!

No comments: