6.04.2009

6.04.09- Day 18



Can you see the exhaustion, stress, and relief in my face? I have spent the past week in constant conflict with myself going back and forth on which job I should take next year and ...

Dum, dum, dum... The decision has been made- I will be a Physical Therapist with Aurora Public Schools next year. (i'm waiting for them to confirm that everything is still okay). It was honestly the hardest decision that I've made so far. I toiled and toiled. I think that either would have been good opportunities, but it came down to the focus of the fellowship being on birth-3 years and autism. Neither made me feel super excited. I know that I like school age children and that's exactly what I will get to work with at APS- preschool through middle school. I definitely want to find other ways to get professional development and mentoring outside of the fellowship because that is what was so appealing about it. I will continue to be a member of the CO Chapter Pediatric Special Interest Group. I hope to have some extra time to devote to research and care for underserved populations in Denver. Maybe even devoting parts of my summers to volunteer work here or overseas. I'm happy (although I will be happier once I get the final say from APS.)

I'm not sure what the posting regularity will be over the next few days. I'm going to Florida with the family! Al and I are really looking forward to it. It's a huge blessing to go to the beach and to see family at the same time! Better go as it's 11 already and I still need to pack and we're leaving at 5 tomorrow morning for the airport!

No comments: