6.13.2009

6.13.09- Day 27



This is the image that I see 3-4 evenings a week when Alan goes off to work nights in the ICU. I'm really proud of him for all of his hard work and his life saving treatments he gives to his patients... but it kind of makes me single 3-4 days (if not more) per week. Let me explain. If you work nights- you sleep during the day and stay up at night. Even when you're not working, it's kind of hard to switch schedules. Needless to say, Alan sleeps a lot during the day and stays up really late, and I sleep a lot during the night and stay up all day. I feel kind of bad for Al because I get kind of needy, especially after he has worked for about 4 days straight. There are a few perks that I am slowly learning though, such as being able to have lots of "girl time" without feeling like I'm not spending enough time with him. I'm really thankful that I have an established group of friends and support system here in Denver. Work well tonight, Alan!

No comments: