10.13.2009

10.13.09- Day 147

Today I took on half of another school, Arkansas Elementary preschoolers- 5 more students (seems right that I would get "Arkansas" elementary. That takes my total caseload up to 45 students. I'm glad that I have a few more students because I had just enough free time that I wasn't getting things done. Do you ever do that? If I'm busy, I will get everything done because I know I have to be efficient, but if I have too much free time, I am a little lazy. All that to say, I'm glad I could help out a co-worker and I think this number will be just right to take me through the rest of the year, since I bet I'll get between 5-10 more preschoolers at the CDC.
Also today, worked, went to an OT/PT meeting, chatted with my parents, made breakfast for dinner, went to small group, and helped Alan study for his advanced life support class.

Public Notice: I am implementing a new wake-up system for myself. I'm setting 2 alarm clocks: one in my room and one in the bathroom set a few minutes later. This is a desperate attempt to rouse myself at my desired time. I have no self control in the mornings. I always get places on time, but when I am accountable only to myself, sometimes I sleep longer than I should. One good/bad thing about my job is that I can adjust the hours I work depending on when I start. So, if I start at 8, I can be done around 3:30 or 4 depending on if I take a lunch break. If I start early around 7:30, I can be done at 3 or 3:30. If I start later around 8:30, I just have to work until 4 or 4:30. Anyways, I am telling you about this new project because I will report all this next week how well I do at getting up. Maybe the slight external accountability of blog readers will be enough to help me get up at my desired time.

No comments: