10.21.2009

10.21.09- Day 155

October? Hmmm... it feels more like Christmas time around here. I watched the snow fall all day. We only got about a half inch of accumulation because the ground was so warm, but it was really pretty. Alan and I went out to eat tonight and I felt like the holidays were here. I have to keep reminding myself that Halloween isn't even here yet! I think I'll remember the real season after it warms up again tomorrow. That's CO weather for you!
Today I got stuck at a school for 30 extra minutes for a code yellow level 2 lockdown. (I didn't even know what that meant). I did figure I needed to shut the door to the gym (where the child and I were working) and not be in the hallway. The stupid drill lasted for 30 minutes! I started to wonder if it really was a drill! I ran over to the preschool and wasn't really too late, but I did miss out on some paperwork time. It wasn't too big of a deal because the fire fighters came today to show the kids the firetrucks and teach about fire safety. (I didn't get much one on one time with kids today anyways). I caught up on paperwork in the morning when the firefighters were there and went to see their presentation in the afternoon. The kids were so cute. They loved the firefighters! Somehow, I didn't make it out of the preschool until about 4:30. Almost everyone else was gone! This evening Alan and I went out to eat for the first time this month! We went to Chili's and did the appetizer, entree, and dessert for $20. It was such a good deal, and we both ended up with leftovers. Afterwards, we went to Barnes and Noble to read magazines and hangout. I really enjoyed spending time with my husband! Now, we are watching funny videos on YouTube and looking at peopleofwalmart.com!

No comments: