10.15.2009

10.15.09- Day 149

(picture, dusk at Stapleton's Central Park, where Nicole and I ran)
Today...
  • Day 2 of the "alarm clock/wake up early experiment"= TOTAL FAILURE! I set my two alarm clocks last night with a plan. I decided that I need a more gradual wake up and that it might help the tiredness I felt yesterday. But, my second alarm clock did not go off this morning! Thus, I lay in bed til about 1 hour after my alarm clock originally went off. I wasn't late for anything, but had to rush to work. Although, I felt WAY more rested today and actually had a really good day. (not good encouragement to keep this up- haha). However, I will try again tonight. I think that maybe I just need 9 hours of sleep. I have my phone alarm set to go off tonight when I need to go to bed, so hopefully I can get in bed in time to get 9 hours and still get up when I want to.
  • Remember the middle school student that I embarrassed because I thought he was skipping out on after school activities, but really wasn't? So, I saw him today and I thought he would be so mad at me, but he wasn't! He actually talked to me more than usual!!! And, a child that gives me the most behavior problems didn't have any today!!!! And I went to the Children's Hospital and finally got the medical records I needed for one of my patients. I need these break through days, especially since I've had 9 students added to my caseload this week. I'm going to get busy!
  • Forgot to take a picture, but I ran with Nicole after Alan went to work. We had a really good run. We even ran an extra lap than we had originally planned!
  • Forgot to take a picture again, but Sarah and I got together for our own "TAP" room tonight. We both really like praying for the world, but the group we used to pray with meets too late in the evening for us to join (they don't have "real" jobs for the most part, so they don't have to get up early in the morning). We shared prayer requests and prayed for : AMCC, Megan, Alana, Micah's sister and family, Word Made Flesh in Sierra Leone, those in slavery, and the country of Spain. We also shared with each other and prayed for each other. Then, we exchanged back rubs!!!
  • Overall, a good day. Thank you Lord!

No comments: