11.15.2009

11.13.09- Day 177

A busy day in my life. It was a total scramble to see all of my kiddos, get all of my work done, pack, and head out by 3:30 today, but I made it! Sarah S, Sarah H, Andy, and I headed out from my house around 3:30 to go pick up Dacia in DTC. We hit a little traffic, but picked her up and were on our way before 4. We went through a tiny bit of snow, then it completely cleared for the rest of the trip. I drove 5 hours to Las Vegas, where we had to stop for gas. (isn't it amazing that my car drove for 5 hours on 1 tank!) Las Vegas, NM just wasn't all I thought it would be :). We did get McDonalds sundaes and fries before heading back out on the road. We ended up making it to Roswell around 11:15, then to Karen Synder's (a friend from JBU) parents' house around 11:30. They were such fabulous hosts. It reminded me of going home to my family. They had everything set out for us and even made brownies incase we were hungry when we got there. It was a long day, but the beginning of a good weekend!

No comments: