11.15.2009

11.15.09- Day 179

Thanks Steph for nominating me to post 10 honest things about my life. (got the hint that my blog needs a little change of pace- haha).
Here we go (in no particular order...)
1. I secretly (until now) want a snuggie. Blankets just don't do the trick sometimes. I generally still like to use my arms when I'm cold :). Especially when I'm reading or typing and it's cold. My forearms need some warm love! (my snuggie of choice would not have LSU logos- hehe).
2. I love living close to many good friends from college. This is no surprise to most. The honest part is that I'm trying to enjoy it as much as possible now because it will probably end soon. I think everyone will scatter in the next few years. Until then, this is such a sweet phase of life. I'm so blessed!
3. Running in Stapleton is my favorite. It's kind of lame, I know. I do live in Colorado with trails and paths and mountains. But, if I could pick somewhere to run, it would be in Central Park and the surrounding area. I can gaze at beautiful houses to my hearts content, get xeriscaping ideas, gawk at cute children, plan how I too will be a beastie mom someday and push the stroller/hold the leash/and run while looking hot all at the same time, and gaze at the mountains through the old airport scenery.4. I love DQ blizzards. Brownie Batter Blizzard is my favorite, although I'm also quite fond of the Cookie Jar blizzard and Cheesequakes. About every other week when I get home from work I bug Alan until he will go with me to get a blizzard. I refuse to go by myself and indulge in this habit- I make him be my partner in crime. I'm such a wonderful wife, huh? ;)5. Although I really like being a pediatric Physical Therapist, I can't get the idea out of my mind that there is something else I'm suppose to do eventually. I definitely feel like I'm where God wants me right now, but someday I think I may be working for a non-profit organization on developing child rehabilitation programs or being a life planner or just being a mom that volunteers my time or who knows what. I guess we'll see what happens. I probably shouldn't make judgment calls on my profession/job too quick since I've only been doing it for a few months now :).
6. I LOVE my husband. More than the day he asked me to marry him. More than the day he did marry me. More than on our 1st anniversary. More than yesterday. I'm so reminded of late how precious and amazing it is to be married to such a solid, loving, gentle, funny, hardworking, thoughtful, creative, curious, strong, determined, awesome guy. I truly love him more each day.
7. In a totally different way, I love the Biggest Loser! I love seeing lives changed- the deeper discovery of inner change that comes with outer transformation. This show makes me want to open my own Wellness Physical Therapy clinic. Sometimes I cringe at the way people are lifting weights or their posture during exercise. I love that I learned the skills in my professional training to be a person who can assist people with comorbidities in weight loss and rediscovering healthy lives.
8. My friend Sarah and I are schemers and dreamers. She always needs someone to travel with, I always want to go! Good thing Alan is around to be the reality check sometimes:). We are the AC. Hopefully someday we can scheme and dream with the K as well. I really like reading Better Homes and Gardens. I'm maybe not so great on the follow through though. I never seem to be able to implement the neat ideas that I read in magazines. I have made a few recipes. I think I need to make a binder with different sections for the different types of articles. Then, when I need an inspiration for something, rather than digging through all of my magazines, I can just go to the binder with the magazine pages already organized.
10. I am becoming a blogger. It's slowly coming to me. I've been at it for half the year and hope to have more creative, interesting ideas. Until then, it's just 365 days in my life.
(Silly... but...)
The rest of the rules....
1. Must thank the person who gave you the award and list their blog and link it.
2. share 10 honest things about yourself...
3. Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4. Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.
1. Nicole
2. Sarah S.
3. Crystal
4. Carissa
5. Lara
6. Alana
7. Bethany

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

:) i'm a lot like you! (tricking my husband into buying me a blizzard, biggest loser, real simple is my better homes)
thanks for humoring me!!