11.21.2009

11.21.09- Day 184

Today was the Flag Football/Pre-Thanksgiving Dinner...
Tons of fun!
I even made an interception and ran it in for a touchdown! I also caught another ball and ran it almost to make another touchdown! (I have to be excited about this because if you know me, you know that sports, especially ball related sports are not my strong point!) I was very proud of myself. haha. We had a lot of fun. It did get a little chilly, but the warmth of the house made up for it when we got back home. (the oven was on ALL day long cooking turkey and other thanksgiving foods).
Getting ready to play
The crew

Place setting for 12! We used all of our china and even needed an extra plate when Carissa came and made 13! I need another couple sets of my china! We had SOOOO much food: turkey, stuffing, gravy, salad, rolls, sweet potato casserole, green bean casserole, mixed vegetables, broccoli casserole, cranberry sauce, brownies, and pumpkin pie!!!!! I'm still stuffed hours later! We couldn't even fit all the food on the table, so we brought it in in shifts. Do you like our assortment of chairs? (we even had to bring in one from our patio set)
The crew playing Settlers of Catan
The crew that played Mexican Train and visited about random things

I LOVE holidays!!!! This meal made me so ready for Christmas. I want to put up my tree and decorations tomorrow! At least the real Thanksgiving is next week! I'm also so excited to get to see Alan's extended family. It's been too long. They are such a fun bunch. I'm also really looking forward to spending some time with Paul and Bethany. I guess I can wait for Christmastime until after a sweet Thanksgiving full of friends and family.