12.23.2009

12.19.09- Day 212

My mom gets the "kids" a new ornament every year. This year she got us this beautiful globe ornament to celebrate our world travels. I love it!
And, I'm really sad, but I didn't get a picture of our little Russellville friends reunion this afternoon. Lauren, Warren, Ryan, Laura, Alan, and I went to La Huerta's for lunch and then to Lauren's house to hang out and visit (Meggie we missed you!). I so enjoyed catching up on what everyone is doing. It was also really fun to reminisce about elementary school through high school with them. Although we are all in different places in life right now, we have the connection of a shared childhood and adolescence. No one quite knows you the same without this connection.

Soon after we got back from the friends reunion, Charlie (Stephanie's husband) made it into town. We proceeded to go to Madame Wu's for dinner (which so happens to be one of the Galbo Christmas traditions). It was delicious as usual. You just can't have a Christmas without egg drop soup, Triple Delight, Cashew Chicken, Mandarin Shrimp, and a fortune cookie.

No comments: