12.23.2009

12.21.09- Day 214

Interestingly, we had quite the invasion of mice on Monday. My mom disturbed a nest of mice living in a bag of bird seed in the garage and apparently they decided to go to war with our family over night. When we opened presents on Monday morning (because Stacy needed to have wisdom tooth surgery in the afternoon), she was about to open a present and noticed that the entire corner of the chocolate bar had been nibbled off by our little friends. Needless to say, after that we heard 13 traps snap during the day. I think that may be a record! Aside from the horrible mouse invasion, we had breakfast together. My mom made chai and served it in her grandmother's beautiful tea set from Japan. Then we opened presents. I got a gorgeous copy of Jane Eyre and a soon to be sent very-cute yoga mat from Stacy. I also got a workout shirt and jacket from my Aunt Karen. Alan got a cool alarm clock radio/IPOD player from my Dad and an interesting emergencies procedure book from my Aunt. I also got an early birthday present from Stephanie and Charlie. It is a beautiful piece of wood with hooks screwed into it. I'll have to post a picture when I hang it up.

Alana came over for a while in the afternoon and helped us plan a little for our Europe trip. Woo hoo!

No comments: