12.29.2009

12.29.09- Day 222

Yoga this morning (my first actual class ever). The class wasn't too hard, but I still felt like I got a good stretching and postural stability workout. I also didn't fall over, so that was good. I think that my training in physical therapy helps me with yoga because I already know the correct alignment and postures during poses, so I naturally try to keep my back straight or posteriorly tilt my pelvis, etc. It was a good way to start my day (after being up til 2 from watching Avatar last night- reliving our college days). It gave me energy for a few hours.
This is the yoga mat my sister is buying me for Christmas! (it's on backorder right now)
Ran some errands, hung out with Alan, went to small group. All good. I feel these days like I can't catch up though. I can't get bags unpacked before I have to pack them up again. I am always playing catch up on cleaning our house. I wanted to get all this organizing and mental preparedness done before starting back to work and that is not happening either. I feel like I need a solid week with nothing planned (but we all know that is not reality). I'm not sure how to find peace and calm and productiveness in the midst of hurriedness and numerous social events (which are good, but take time). I just need to get my mind straight and focused. Any tips?!

No comments: