12.23.2009

12.23.09- Day 216

Happy Christmas Eve, Eve!
Today was such a lazy day. We had beautiful snow all day with huge, wet flakes. I just watched it from inside until Alan and I ventured out in the afternoon to do some final Christmas shopping done. I've had a blanket wrapped around me all day because we turned the heat down after an absurdly high electric/gas bill this month! Good grief! I can't wait til spring!

On another note... I've been inspired to experience a new area of cooking by my friend Lindsey. Click here to see her tutorials on making chicken stock and homemade chicken noodle soup. Tonight I made White Chicken Chili and used a rotisserie chicken for the meat. See the picture of leftovers. I then followed Lindsey's steps to make chicken stock out of my leftover rotisserie chicken. Picture below is the final product. I will let it sit in the fridge all night long and make homemade chicken noodle soup on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day. I may even venture to make homemade bread to eat with it! I love having time to do things like this.

Side note: I hate shopping at the Walmart near our house. Today, I felt like a criminal because all of the electronics are locked up. I'm not even talking just I Pod's and Wii's. I'm talking car chargers, blackberry skins, earphones, etc. After about 20 minutes, I finally got someone's attention to free the item that I needed, only to find that I couldn't even take it with me anywhere in the store, but that they would hand it directly to the cashier and I had to buy it right there! I didn't know that and still had a few things I needed to buy, so I got to wait in line twice. Next thing I know, I bet the lettuce will be in a cage and socks will have sensors! I may think twice about going back to shop there for such items and head to another store where I can freely browse and examine the items I want to buy.

No comments: